Thursday, July 13, 2006

Good things that come out of Atlanta!


This is for those of us who are magnets to people who can't take a hint or can't take "no" for an answer (and many who apparently can't take showers, can't brush their teeth, or can't seem to go out in social settings without awkwardly embarrassing themselves)... a phone number you can give out if you just don't want to give out your real number. Callers hear a humorous Rejection Hotline recording and are not-so-subtly informed of your non-interest... and it all started in Atlanta.

Comments from a satisfied rejectee:
"So I guess I'm one of the 'rejectees' mentioned in the L.A. Times article, because I had a girl give me the Rejection Hotline number at a bar a few weeks ago. But I'm not writing to complain about it at all. Just the opposite, I'm writing to say THANKS! Not only do I think it's hilarious, but I love that I could go on letting my buddies think I had gotten her number that night and none of them were around to give me $h*t when I made the call a few days later and heard the Rejection Hotline message... [and I] realized I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to knowing if a girl's interested or not. Thanks for the laugh and the reality-check!"
-- Curt, Los Angeles

http://rejectionhotline.com/
**note: even though I now have the NYC Rejection Line number locked into my cellphone, I have no problem telling someone that they AREN'T getting my number... however, that being said, there are those scary ones that won't let you get away without grabbing your arm and when you're by yourself, this could be a saving grace!

No comments: